“The Light of Christ Illumines All!” Above the doorway of the pre-revoluationary Moscow Theological Academy was this sign.
Children are full of life. I am sure you have noticed …
- Each day at Saint Herman of Alaska Christian School begins and ends with prayer.
- Parents have a special power. When they are united, “on the same page”, their effect on their family is stunning.
- Because of specific sins in us - internal laziness, or fear, inattention, uncertainty, and avoidance - we end up neglecting the upbringing of our children.
- One of our teachers doesn’t have to study books in order to find out how to make cheese.
- When we went around Jamaica Pond with the school children, parents, teachers and a friend “naturalist” one of the young boys saw a rather large ant and was about to squash it.
- Our school staff went to give a presentation about education to a Russian Orthodox Parish.
- At our Home School Association meeting we discussed the challenge many of our families face in trying to keep alive their Mother Tongue and passing it on to their children.
- Years ago I lived in a house that was undergoing renovations. The brunt of the work focused on creating more space, and by the end of the project the workers had enlarged many of the rooms, giving the house a seemingly new and improved flare.